Welcome to my stop on the Sofiona Designs Blog Tour. We’re helping the amazing Sofiona designers Sherri and Trisha to celebrate a huge milestone – – – a whole year of beautiful designs, spot-on drafting, superior instructions, and just all-around rad members of our sewing community.
Check out some of our amazing sponsors helping us to celebrate!
Today is all about the Raven. I sewed the dress version with the elastic waist, long ruffle, and back tie. This ruffle with a little lace has my heart!!!
Check out the line drawing from the Sofiona website for some of the other options:
I love the elastic casings for the waist and sleeve cuffs. They sew up so quickly and are easier for my sweet pre-schooler’s independence (and my sanity!). My daughter is just under the size chart for the waist but shortening the elastic inside the casing means I can’t even tell!
The Fabric (and a coupon code)
My first order with “the snob” was fabulous. I had a few questions that were quickly answered in the group from knowledgeable admins and fellow “Snobs”. Shipping to the US is a flat rate OR/ FREE for orders over a certain amount. The quality and color of everything I ordered is absolutely divine and the exchange rate is an extra win.
The Fabric Snob is giving 10% off orders from the entire shop Nov 4-10 with the code SOFIONA. Jump for joy:
A21 and the Balsam Bag
One of the things I love about Sofiona is that they donate a portion of their earning to A21, a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending human trafficking. To read more about the charity and Sofiona’s dedication to their mission, please click here. In addition, all profits from Sofiona’s latest pattern, the Balsam Bag, will be donated to A21. If you’ve been waiting to sew a bag, here’s a great reason to dive into it!
More Sofiona Inspiration
Each day this week, two bloggers will pair up to showcase one Sofiona pattern. Follow along to see your favorite Sofiona patterns sewn “as is” by one blogger and a clever “hack” by the other.
- Monday 4 November: (Starry Night): That’s Sew Venice, By Dagbjort
- Tuesday 5 November (Moss): Sew Cucio, It’s Liesel
- Wednesday 6 November (Raven): bigflynotions, Made by Kates
- Thursday 7 November (Railway): Stitched by Jennie, PACountryCrafts
- Friday 8 November (Fireweed): Wonderfully Handmade, Sewcial Science
Some of our favorite Instagrammers will also be sharing their Sofiona makes this week and they’ll be doing the same pairing up to showcase one pattern. Follow them for more inspiration:
- Monday 4 November (Arctic Fox): Tine, Sara
- Tuesday 5 November (Lynx): Meghan, Amanda
- Wednesday 6 November (Rhubarb): Ummul, Noortje
- Thursday 7 November (Aurora): Kimberley, Jenny
- Friday 8 November (Juniper): Anna, Emily
Join us in the Sofiona Designs Fan Group on Facebook for more fun and to share your favorite Sofiona makes!
Sponsors & Prizes
Finally, a huge thank you to ALL the sponsors for joining in our Anniversary Celebration! Please participate in the Rafflecopter below for an opportunity to one of the two prize packages listed below valued at over $150 each and join us in the fan group for daily giveaways next week.
Prize Pack #1
- Minerva Crafts £100 mystery pack (you choose the colour)
- Sew Weighted Bakery ($15 CAD)
- Queen Clocks (Sewing Themed Vinyl Clock)
- Dutch Labels ($100 USD)
- Sofiona Designs ($50 CAD)
- S Renee Designs (Digital Sewing Planner)
Prize Pack #2
This post is affiliate-free. I received the pattern in exchange for sewing it up and telling you about my experience but my thoughts are entirely my own. This is a fabulous pattern by one of my favorite shops.
Check it out!